I am a chocoholic. Its official. And today was one of those days when I had a serious craving for a chocolate filled dinner. Seriously! My chocolate taste buds get super energized when I see pictures of those delicious chocolate cakes, smoothies, pastries, cup cakes, cookies and I can go and on…. And so I decided to treat myself to a healthy chocolate dinner which rolled over to being my dessert as well (wink wink!).
The end result was a plump, thick oh so chocolatey mouse and I devoured every bit of it. It was a blend of anti-oxidants, healthy fats, proteins and fibre. What more can I ask for. It was a perfect culmination of the smoothness of avocados, the texture of bananas, the lovely flavor of coffee and of course the chocolatey taste of cacao with a hint of cinnamon.
This recipe is a must try for a healthy dessert for your family or to entertain your guests with a surprisingly healthy dessert. I refrigerated the left over recipe over night to get a rich mouse like texture and it tasted heavenly the next day.
Here’s what you need (This recipe serves 2)
1. 1 frozen banana
2. 2 avocados
3. 1 cup almond milk
4. 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
5. 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (mine were 60% cacao)
6. 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
7. 2 tbsp coffee powder
8. 2 tsp cinnamon powder
9. 1 tsp vanilla extract
10. 2 pitted dates/ 3 tbsp maple syrup/ 3 tbsp raw honey
Here’s what you do
1. Blend the banana, avocados and almond milk
2. Add the remaining ingredients and blend to get a thick texture. You can add more milk if you wish to reduce the thickness. I personally loved the mousey thick texture.
3. Refrigerate for 3 hours and top with blackberries and cacao nibs.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!