I love love love av-oh-cados. My breakfast isn’t complete without avocados. I put them in smoothies, puddings, salads and toasties. They are so healthy and are a great source of mono saturated fats (healthy fats) as well as protein and fibre.
These toasties are a great breakfast item. I love how they completely satiate my cravings for cheese spread on toast. When combined with the right ingredients, it can bring out a tasty zesty flavor and that’s why I love spending those five minutes in the morning preparing the perfect avocado spread. I love adding the italian seasoning on top to get a pizza-ish taste!
Here’s what you need
This recipe serves 2
1. 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
2. 2 multigrain toasts
3. 2 tbsp lemon juice
4. 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6. Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper to sprinkle on top
7. 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
8. 1/3 cup of organic mozzarella cheese
Here’s what you do
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
1. Scoop out the avocados from the skin and put it into a small sized mixing bowl. Crush it into a paste with a fork.
2. Add lemon juice, salt, ground pepper and mix well till it becomes a paste.
3. Spread this paste on a loaf of multigrain bread and add the bell peppers and mozzarella cheese on top.
4. Bake these toasts in the oven for 10-12 mins until crisp.
5. Sprinkle some italian seasoning and crushed red pepper on top and cut the toast into 4 small sized toasties.
Enjoy these healthy little treats for breakfast or appetizers!